The most effective sales templates are basic step-by-step set of interactions focused on each stage of the sales meeting and flexible en ough to accommodate alterations. Maintaining a consistent review of each step is significant because it eliminates guesswork and the need to reinvent your sales process.
It is not difficult to establish a sales template when you follow the Sandler Philosophy: Professional Selling is a noble profession. Do not let the prospect treat you with disrespect.
Sales Template Guidelines:
• Develop a dynamic flow chart of your sales process, providing options.
• Be specific. Develop a script and questions to ask your prospect during each phase.
• Follow the Sandler Submarine as a guide
• Establish separate sales templates for internal and external use.
• Internal to guide the process within your organization while the
• External: detailing your process with a prospect.
These guidelines are designed to keep all parties involved on track during the sales process. Go as far as implementing and adapting your sales template until you establish a sales process that works for you by keeping it conversational in nature and focused on qualifying . . . not closing.
When guiding prospects towards discovery their pain is revealed. Once challenges are fully understood introduce your sales solution. It is in those final moments that the prospect will come to realize you hold the key to what they have been searching for. They will ask for help to take away the pain and make their job easier.
You have now been armed with the reasons to establish a sales template, a guideline for creating one and an example of the results you can expect.